- Helen's Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok for stir frying, stewing, sauteing, steaming, braising, frying, and deep frying favorite Asian recipes and more
- Made from 1.6-millimeter carbon steel with heat-resistant bamboo handle, helper handle, and high-domed lid; sturdy riveted design; hangs to store
- Carbon steel distributes heat quickly so foods cook evenly; cooking surface collects a natural patina over time for non-stick cooking performance
- Flat bottom sits securely on any stovetop; works with gas, electric and induction; high-domed lid retains heat and prevents splatters
- Easy to season and maintain; includes 13-inch bamboo spatula, and recipe booklet with instructions; lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects
The cooking surface collects a natural patina over time to create that coveted non-stick cooking performance. The bamboo handle and helper handles are heat-resistant for comfortable use. Its sturdy riveted and flat-bottom design sits securely on any stovetop and works equally well with gas, electric, and induction. The high-domed lid retains heat during the cooking process and prevents splatters. The wok hangs for easy storage. Carbon steel is easily seasoned, reseasoned, and maintained to help prevent rust. Successive seasoning and regular use will gradually build a black patina, providing a smooth, stick-resistant surface, much like a well-seasoned cast iron skillet. The more use the pan gets, the darker and more stick-resistant it becomes. It is completely normal for an unseasoned wok to develop rust. Rust will not harm or alter the performance of the wok in any way. Simply scour away the rusted areas and season as instructed. Before first-time use, clean thoroughly, then season to seal the surface and prevent rusting. Set includes a 13-inch bamboo spatula, recipe booklet, full use and care instructions along, and a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects in workmanship.