Made of gorgeous Acacia hardwood, the board is functional and beautiful due to its rich, shimmering colors. Unlike traditionally made boards, end grain construction is less dulling to cutlery because the wood grain direction accommodates cutting instead of resisting it. Wear and tear is minimized on both cutlery and on the board, giving more longevity to your cutting tools.
- Features neoprene coated feet to minimize movement and includes a stainless steel grommet for hanging.
- In addition to being an excellent cutting board, this wooden board makes a great serving plate for charcuterie. Include cheese, olives, meats, bread, and more!
- To remove any bumps that may form on the board, simply buff the area with a fine grain sand paper. Coat your board with butcher's block oil and allow to sit at least one hour prior to use.
- This gourmet chopping board weighs 12.8 pounds and has dimensions 18 x 18 x 3 inches.
- Wash your Ironwood products in warm water and soap.
- Towel dry. Prop up to allow the wood to fully dry.
- Never submerge acacia wood in water or put it in the dishwasher!
Oiling & Maintenance
- Regular oiling will help to maintain the deep luster of the Acacia wood and ensure your Ironwood products last for years to come.
- When your Ironwood cutting board first arrives it will be thirsty, oil your board once a day for the first week to "season" the board.
- Once your board is seasoned, oil it once a month for the first year, and at least once a year for life.
- Our food-grade blend of mineral and citrus oils is great at preventing cracks.
- Don't use an oil that can go bad like olive or canola oil.