Ultra-sharp knives set in a perfectly fitting bamboo block
- Very hard Rockwell 63 blades
- Made of 101 layers of steel
- Blades with beautifu, individual Damascus design
The exquisite 12-slot block provides plenty of room for extra storage as your knife collection grows.
Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both the authentic, thin, Japanese profile blade and the wood handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance. More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel, for an exceptionally sharp and long-lasting edge that is highly corrosion resistant. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability. Sharpening is done using the traditional, three-step Honbazuke method.
The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- Set includes 3.5-inch paring, 7-inch santoku, 8-inch chef’s, 9-inch bread knife, stainless-steel kitchen shears, 9-inch sharpening steel, and 12-Slot bamboo block
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade comprised of premium G2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Hand-honed using a traditional, three-step Honbazuke method to a 9.5 to 12° edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- Blade consists of 101 layers of steel, resulting in a gorgeous floral Damascus pattern, with katana edge
- Ergonomic D-shape handle made from prized Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch
- Rounded spine and heel and steel endcap with embossed logo
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan; handwash only